Monday, June 22, 2015

Motivation is Hard

The daily grind is by far the hardest part of growing a theatre. I get so excited and inspired when I am talking to other people about our dreams and wants for our organizations, but when I'm at home, working by myself, it is exponentially more difficult. Trying to decide what to work on at any given time is not my strong suit, and I often get distracted, or worse, derailed completely, and nothing gets done at all. That is (hopefully) another byproduct of this blog- simply documenting what I am working on will ideally keep me on track and at least a little organized.


I guess I should articulate what I actually want to accomplish with this theatre.


  • I want a place where anyone who wants to get dressed up in a fantastic costume and wonderful makeup and sing and dance on a stage can do that at any time of year. 
  • I want a place where artists come together to move audiences with their talent and their interpretation of musical theatre from Hammerstein to Sondheim to Tesori. 
  • I want a place where musicians and actors and dancers can hone their craft and perform roles they have always wanted to do and present shows will always remember. 
  • I want a place where a community of people turns into a family with every rehearsal and show. 
  • I want a place where people in the San Marcos area can attend excellent theatre and be entertained, affected, impressed, and inspired.

Well, it's a theatre. That's what I want.




No comments:

Post a Comment